The Segway is a self-balancing, personal means of transport designed to go anywhere people go. It is not a motorbike it is not a bicycle. It’s a category of its own.
You can go fast on pedestrian areas but it is quite slow for the street.
Easy to use and operate, the two-wheeled Segway has 5 gyroscopes that monitor your balance 100 times a second and automatically respond to your body's movements. To move forward, the rider simply leans forward. To stop or move backwards, the rider leans back slightly. The rider glides smoothly as the Segway senses wherever he/she wants to go.
It run with batteries that can last up to approximately 35 Km.
You don’t need to have a license to ride the Segway.
All Segway riders are obligated to attend an informative session and go through a training in order to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. Riders are trained on safe Segway operation and emergency stops with their escorts in front of our offices until they feel comfortable to use the Segway. Training includes a safety video. Riders will be required to wear a helmet in most locations.
Riding a Segway is similar to riding a bike - it's intuitive but not inherent. All tours offer training so that you can get comfortable with the device. (We allow kids 12 years old and above only with their parents’ permission.)
A Segway is not an ideal way of touring for people with mobility issues. All guests must be able to step on and off the Segway easily and quickly without any assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs (without assistance or use of a handrail).
Segway riding is not recommended for pregnant women. Unfortunately, pregnant women will not be allowed to participate in these tours.
Safety is very important for us: All guests must be 12 years old or above and weight at least 100 lbs. (46 kilos). If you book a tour and any of your guests do not meet the criteria of minimum age / weight they will not be allowed on the tour and you will not be given a refund. NOTE: Some tours have a higher minimum age limit. Please check the details on each tour page.
You will practice on the Segways until everyone feels comfortable and ready to tour. Before your departure to our tour, it is obligatory to sign the liability waiver.
The Segway Tours have only a few restrictions. Riders must:
- Be age 12 and up and weigh at least 100 lbs (46 kilos). For our guests’ safety minimum age and weight requirements are strictly enforced. NOTE: Some tours have higher minimum age requirements.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or a guardian.
- Be able to step on and off the Segway easily and quickly without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail.
- Be able to stand on the Segway for 1 hour at least.
- Weigh between 100 and 250 pounds (46 to 113 kilos).
- Most tours require that guests wear a bike helmet - provided with the tour.
- Sign a liability waiver.
- Complete the Segway rider training.
- Respect road signs, pedestrians, bikes and cars for a safe and an enjoyable ride.
It is important to note that the Segway has not been designed, tested, or approved as a device appropriate for medical purposes or needs.
Please book as far in advance as possible. Advanced Reservations are required for all tours on this website. Many tours sell out during the hectic travelling season in the summer and also on major holidays.